Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm Home!!!!





I’m Back!!!

It seems so soon, but I’m back in good ol’ Grand Rapids! The last two weeks absolutely flew by. I got back in town for two short days and am off tomorrow morning for a week on Lake Michigan with my family. I’ll have to wait until August to share in person with you all! Thanks again for supporting me in prayer and in your encouraging notes. It wouldn’t have been the same without all of you! I learned and loved so much and I can’t wait to tell you all about how God’s working in Soroti!

The end of my time in Soroti was spent on a camping trip with my fabulous teammates. Thirteen adults and five kids piled into our two vans for a trip to Sipi and Sisyi Falls. We hiked through some gorgeous rainforests and climbed up to powerful waterfalls. The trip began with a hiking accident taking Tim and Moses to the hospital. It was a scary few hours, but we saw God’s hand at work in the beautiful creation all around us and in the family bonds of our team (and they are both recovering well!). We spent a night camping at Sisyi Falls, whose tagline is “The Garden of Eden”. I can’t imagine Eden being any more gorgeous than this park! Some of the scenery seemed straight out of a Dr. Seuss book, while other parts of the park seemed straight out of paradise! The kids played in calm streams while the adults climbed through rocky, slippery waterfalls. It could only be described as a magical place!!!!

Over the last week, I said my goodbyes to the kids at Harmony Primary School, at Amecet, my friends in the neighborhood, and my amazing team. The hardest part about saying goodbye is that I don’t know when or if I’ll ever see these people again! I started some great friendships and I’m excited to see how God will use them in the future.

Thanks again for praying for me and for supporting me on this trip. It was an incredible life-changing experience and I can’t wait to tell you more about it!!!!!

In Him,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment